YUI recommends YUI 3.
YUI 2 has been deprecated since 2011. This site acts as an archive for files and documentation.
The Button Control enables the creation of rich, graphical
buttons that function like traditional HTML form buttons. Unlike
tradition HTML form buttons, buttons created with the Button Control can have
a label that is different from its value. With the inclusion of the optional
Menu Control, the Button Control can also be
used to create menu buttons and split buttons, controls that are not
available natively in HTML. The Button Control can also be thought of as a
way to create more visually engaging implementations of the browser's
default radio-button and check-box controls.
The Button Control supports the following types:
- Basic push button that can execute a user-specified command when
- Navigates to a specified url when pressed.
- Submits the parent form when pressed.
- Resets the parent form when pressed.
- Maintains a "checked" state that can be toggled on and off.
- Maintains a "checked" state that can be toggled on and off. Use with
the ButtonGroup class to create a set of controls that are mutually
exclusive; checking one button in the set will uncheck all others in
- When pressed will show/hide a menu.
- Can execute a user-specified command or display a menu when pressed.
Copyright © 2007 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.